Terms of Service
Terms of service regarding the use of New Worlds Project RPG
New Worlds Staff, 504.30.05 @ 05:00
New Worlds Project RPG: Terms of Service
New Worlds Project RPG is maintained by New Worlds Project ASBL headquartered in Brussels, Belgium and incorporated under the laws of Belgium and the United States of America. Upon registering to this site, you become a registered non-voting member of New Worlds Project ASBL. Any individual above the age of majority in their judicial jurisdiction may apply for voting rights conditioned upon paying annual membership fees as determined by New Worlds Project ASBL. All information pertaining procedures to receive said voting rights are to be found at New Worlds Project ASBL's own website found at http://nwproject.org
The terms of service below are valid for the entire New Worlds RPG website. This role-playing game is bound by a series of rules and regulations, which we enforce rigorously to ensure that our role-players, and visitors gain the most from their visit to our website. To that end, by using our website and its functions you agree to certain principles that are indicated below:
- New Worlds Project RPG is a non-discriminatory game. While using New Worlds Project RPG, you agree to not post any text, or multimedia that in anyway discriminates a person or group of people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, nationality, etc. Any violation of this shall warrant an immediate ban from the
New Worlds Project RPG website and an immediate expulsion from New Worlds Project ASBL.
- As a member of New Worlds Project ASBL, you agree to the rules and regulations that are listed on the website[s] of New Worlds Project ASBL. This includes, but is not limited to the New Worlds Project RPG, New Worlds Project ASBL, and Nalnath Cluster sites. You agree to follow the decisions and instructions of the New Worlds Administration Team's
administrators and community leaders.
- Being a text-based role-playing game, New Worlds Project RPG is particularly sensitive to the issue of copyright. As a
member of New Worlds RPG, you agree that all data posted aboard these forums is either your own writing, or is properly accredited to its original author.
- As a member, and fellow human being, you agree that whilst using the New Worlds Project RPG, you shall attempt whenever possible to resolve any conflict that you may have with another member away from the public forums of New Project RPG. Personal insults, harassment will not be tolerated within New Worlds Project RPG.
- Advertising on the New Worlds Project RPG is strictly forbidden. Although New Worlds Project RPG may permit its sponsors and partner games to post advertisement due to certain terms arranged in advance, said advertising must be authorised by the New Worlds Administration Team.
- You agree to not impersonate a member of the New Worlds Administration Team. This shall mean refraining from creating a user name which begins with AOM or NWCL without the authorisation of the New Worlds Administration Team. These user name prefixes are reserved to the official volunteer staff of the New Worlds Project
Whilst the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not of New Worlds Project ASBL, its administrators, moderators, and webmasters (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently
banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that New Worlds Project ASBL, its webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent. The New Worlds Administration Team cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one) as well as the dispatching of periodic mails specifically concerning New Worlds Project ASBL and New Worlds Project RPG's activities.
New Worlds Project RPG: Game-Specific Rules
This section shall highlight rules and regulations which we are currently employing for New Worlds.
New Worlds is committed to providing as much freedom as we can to our roleplayers. We believe that it is very important to give our gamers as much freedom as possible in order to allow them to explore every facet possible of their characters and the New Worlds setting. Yet, as with any community, it is equally important that the "rules of engagement" are spelled out clearly. This way, both you and the New Worlds Administration can ensure the best experience possible.
We have separate rules regarding the actual use of the forums on Starport Nuribis Personal Access Network. Further information about this can be found on the forums themselves where we explain in great detail the accepted conduct on the forums. These are all common-sense guidelines which you can expect of any community website that seeks to welcome as many people as possible.
We then have additional rules related to the actual game play itself, explained below:
1) Whilst we would like to offer our writers as much freedom in their writing as possible, we would ask that writing not exceed an R (US) or 15 (UK) rating. This prohibits scenes of an intensely graphic sexual nature as well as descriptions of obscene horror or violence.
2) Without the permission of the author who first created that character, you may not arbitrarily kill off player-created characters without their prior consent.
3) If you want to write a story involving some kind of super-weapon or balance of power altering device, please contact us (Alex and Kim) for approval. Any unapproved use of such weapons will be severely reprimanded.
4) It is prohibited to copy work from other sources. "New Worlds" is an original universe; therefore we ask that you not borrow things from other science fiction universes (like Warp Drives, Star Destroyers, Klingons, Narns etc.) We recognise that some crossover of references may be necessary (since those universes use the general phrase like thrusters, bulkheads, sensors) but no major infractions of this rule will be permitted.
5) God-moding, that is the posting of "solves-everything" posts, is not allowed in New Worlds. Your starship, for example, cannot in one minute be participating in conflicts light years apart. Likewise, it is very unlikely for a light frigate to be able to destroy a heavy fightercraft carrier in one magical shot.
6) New Worlds Administration monitors all posts for continuity issues. Continuity ensures that all events in the New Worlds universe are actually connected and do not contradict. If you are approached by the New Worlds Administration with a request to adapt a certain part of your roleplay as a result of these continuity issues, you are kindly asked to comply.
7) Anti-social behaviour, in the form of "faction prejudice," will not be tolerated in New Worlds. The New Worlds Administration will take proactive steps to ensure that no "New Worlds cliques" develop. We ask that all members participate with one another without prejudice.
8 ) New rule as of March 2005
: New Worlds is very concerned with ensuring that players interact with one another, as a result, New Worlds players are asked not to create threads before having found a co-writer who will assist in the writing of the storyline. Exceptions can be granted on a case-by-case basis by any of the New Worlds Administration.
9) New temporary rule as of May 2005
: New Worlds has become very concerned about the unlikely proliferation of so-called "rogue, pirate, mercenary" type characters. As a result, a moratorium on such characters is in place indefinetely.
this content item is from New Worlds Project - Sci-Fi Creative Writing and Roleplaying Game
( http://legacy.nwproject.org/plugins/content/content.php?content.8 )